What state has the highest demand for surgeons?
Here are the best states for General Surgeons in 2020:
- North Dakota. Total General Surgeon Jobs: …
- South Dakota. Total General Surgeon Jobs: …
- Nebraska. Total General Surgeon Jobs: …
- Minnesota. Total General Surgeon Jobs: …
- Wyoming. Total General Surgeon Jobs: …
- Wisconsin. Total General Surgeon Jobs: …
- Idaho. …
Where are most Surgeon jobs located?
Surgeons can work in a variety of settings. The most common are in hospitals, private practices, academic institutions, ambulatory surgery centers, government service, military service, and institutional practices.
How much do general surgeons make per state?
What Is the Average General Surgeon Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
Do general surgeons make good money?
The average annual salary for surgeons reported in May 2016 is $252,910, which works out to an average hourly wage of $121.59. The bottom 10 percent of surgeons make $104,680 or less, while the top 50 percent make $208,000 or higher.
Where do doctors get paid most?
10 Highest Paying Countries for Doctors
- No. 10: Australia. Specialists: $210,800. GPs: $104,300. …
- No. 8: Austria. Specialists: $213,200. GPs: $141,500. …
- No. 6: Switzerland. Specialists: $228,000. GPs: $172,800. …
- No. 4: Germany. Specialists: $222,700. GPs: $214,700. …
- No. 2: USA. Specialists: $350,300. GPs: $242,400.
What state needs more doctors?
As for physician shortage ratios (physician jobs per 100 000 people), by 2030, the three states with the most severe physician shortage ratios will be Mississippi (120), New Mexico (101), and Louisiana (100).
What city is best for surgeons?
Top Best Cities for Doctors
|1||North Port-Bradenton-Sarasota, FL||93|
|2||Des Moines-West Des Moines, IA||93|
|3||St. Joseph, MO||92|
|4||La Crosse, WI||89|
What is the richest type of surgeon?
RELATED: The list of the top 10 highest physician salaries by specialty for 2019
- Neurosurgery — $746,544.
- Thoracic surgery — $668,350.
- Orthopedic surgery — $605,330.
- Plastic surgery — $539,208.
- Oral and maxillofacial — $538,590.
- Vascular surgery — $534,508.
- Cardiology — $527,231.
- Radiation oncology — $516,016.
What state has the best neurosurgeons?
Best States For a Neurosurgeon
Our research found that North Dakota is the best state for neurosurgeons, while Minnesota and North Dakota are ranked highest in terms of median salary. North Dakota has a median salary of $217,042 and Minnesota has the highest median salary among all 50 states for neurosurgeons.
What is the highest paid Surgeon specialty?
Highest-paid medical specialties to explore
- Orthopedic surgery. …
- Urology. …
- Plastic surgery. …
- Gastroenterology. …
- Radiology. …
- Cardiology. National average salary: $294,822 per year. …
- Anesthesiology. National average salary: $298,370 per year. …
- Dermatology. National average salary: $319,084 per year.
How much does a Surgeon makes in Texas?
The average Surgeon salary in Texas is $397,769 as of September 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $336,383 and $472,095.
How much a Surgeon makes in California?
How much does a Surgeon make in California? The average Surgeon salary in California is $452,466 as of September 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $382,639 and $537,012.