How do I check a plastic surgeon’s record?
To verify that your doctor is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, you can go to The American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS) website or call (312) 436-2600.
How do I report a bad plastic surgeon?
- Telephone: (02) 9219 7444.
- Toll Free in NSW: 1800 043 159.
How do I find the right surgeon?
How to research a surgeon
- Confirm state credentials. The Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) can tell you if the surgeon is licensed in your state. …
- Confirm surgical certification. …
- Uncover professional reprimands. …
- Check ratings, number of procedures performed and complication rates.
Is 72 too old for facelift?
Can Someone Be “Too Old” for a Facelift? There is no age at which an individual is too old for any cosmetic enhancement, so long as they are healthy enough to undergo the rigors of surgery, anesthesia and recovery from the procedure.
What is the difference between a cosmetic surgeon and a plastic surgeon?
Cosmetic surgery is a unique discipline of medicine focused on enhancing appearance through surgical and medical techniques. … Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease.
Can I sue my plastic surgeon?
Cosmetic surgeons can be sued for malpractice like any doctor, but the elective nature of cosmetic surgery makes it more difficult for plaintiffs to bring legal claims successfully. … With cosmetic surgery cases, you may not always be happy with the results, but that doesn’t always add up to medical negligence.
Can you get a refund on plastic surgery?
If you cancel your procedure(s), for any reason whatsoever, and such cancellation occurs less than thirty (30) days but no fewer than fifteen (15) days before the scheduled procedure(s), then you shall be entitled to a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the Amount Due less the Deposit.
How do I complain about a cosmetic doctor?
There are three ways that you can file a complaint:
- Call to have a Complaint Form mailed to you either through the toll-free line (1-800-633-2322) or by calling (916) 263-2424, OR.
- Use the On-line Complaint Form, OR.
- Download and Print a Complaint Form.