Can you do your hair before surgery?
You may have CLEAR liquids (such as clear apple juice, water, Gatorade) up until 2 hours before your surgery. If you have long hair, consider braiding it or putting it in a ponytail. Don’t put on makeup or use any hair products. Remove your contact lenses and wear your eye glasses to the hospital (if this applies to …
Is it OK to shower before surgery?
Prior to your surgery, you should plan on showering or take a bath the night before surgery and the morning of surgery. You should use an antibacterial soap (i.e. Dial) to scrub the area where surgery will be performed. This is intended to limit the growth of germs which may be present on your skin.
What should you not do before surgery?
What Not to Do: Do not smoke, eat, or drink anything, including water, candy, gum, mints and lozenges after midnight on the night before surgery. If you do not follow these instructions, your surgery may be cancelled or delayed. Do not shave your surgical area before your procedure.
What should I do with my hair for surgery?
Also, makeup, hair products and nail polish can be flammable and should not be worn when you are having surgery. Hair—If you have long hair, consider putting it into a braid or a ponytail, or bring an elastic band with you so that you can tie your hair back once you get to the hospital.
Can I wash my face before surgery?
Because skin is not sterile, you can reduce the number of germs on your skin by carefully washing before surgery. Please follow these instructions. IMPORTANT: You will need to shower with a special soap called chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG). A common brand name for this soap is Hibiclens, but any brand is acceptable.
Can you color your hair before surgery?
Hair coloring and/or a perm can irritate incisions if they are applied just before or after surgery.
How do you wash your hair after surgery?
Steps for Washing Your Hair After FUE
- Step 1: Spray Panthenol on Your Transplanted Hair. …
- Step 2: Adjust the Temperature and Pressure of the Water. …
- Step 3: Apply Shampoo. …
- Step 4: Thoroughly Rinse the Donor Area. …
- Step 5: Dry Your Hair with Paper Towel. …
- Step 6: Apply Fucicort on the Donor Area.
Can I brush my teeth before surgery?
2. Oral hygiene must be excellent prior to surgery. Therefore, during the 2 to 3 days prior to surgery, brush your teeth with toothpaste and use mouthwash several times a day. On the day of surgery, before reporting to the office, brush and rinse with mouthwash.
How do I get my body ready for surgery?
- Stick to healthy foods. Your body needs good nutrition to fight infection and heal following surgery. …
- Avoid dehydration. …
- Practice the post-operative exercises your doctor recommends. …
- Avoid shaving or waxing. …
- Prevention of DVT/PE before surgery.
What is the best thing to eat the day before surgery?
It is recommended to maintain a clear liquid diet the day before the surgery, here are some of the liquids allowed:
- Clear broths (chicken or beef)
- Juices (apple or cider)
- White grape juice.
- Tea (with no milk or honey)
- Coffee (no milk or creamer)
- Jell-O (without fruit/no red Jell-O)
- Popsicles (without fruit/cream)
Can I use deodorant before surgery?
Makeup, perfume and hairspray should not be worn the day of surgery. Bathing, creams, lotions, deodorants. Please shower or bathe the night before your surgery. Your surgeon may request bathing with a special soap; please follow their instructions.