How do I talk to my plastic surgeon?
A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Questions to Ask During a Cosmetic Surgery Consultation
- What procedure(s) do you recommend for me? …
- How often do you perform this procedure? …
- Are there before and after photos available? …
- Would you be willing to put me in touch with previous patients?
What is the difference between a cosmetic surgeon and a plastic surgeon?
Cosmetic surgery is a unique discipline of medicine focused on enhancing appearance through surgical and medical techniques. … Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease.
What to say in a thank you to a surgeon?
“Thank you very much for your excellent care and exceptional professional abilities!” “Thank you so much for all of your care and great sense of humor. I’m grateful you decided to wait to see if I truly needed surgery… I’m most thankful.
How do you say thank you to your doctor?
“Thank you for being the dedicated, thoughtful, and compassionate doctor that you are! You always go above and beyond and work tirelessly towards a healthy outcome. I feel so blessed to know you and have you as my doctor.”
What are some questions to ask a plastic surgeon?
Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
What should you not do before plastic surgery?
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to the morning of your surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, lotions or perfume to surgery.
- Do not wear fingernail polish to surgery.
- Do not plan to drive yourself to or from the procedure.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Do not bring valuables.
How soon after consultation is plastic surgery?
Time between your consultation and your surgery date (4 to 10 weeks)
What does a plastic surgery consultation look like?
A consultation is equal parts interview, learning experience, and time to see the possibilities of what cosmetic surgery can achieve for you. It’s a two-way conversation that should help you answer three big questions: Is cosmetic surgery the right option for me? If so, which procedure or procedures are appropriate?
What should I wear for plastic surgery?
On the day of surgery, you should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Depending on the procedure you are having, you may be fitted with a garment when you leave and will want to have something soft and loose-fitting you can wear over it. Before you go into surgery, you will be given a hospital gown to wear.
Do you need a physical before plastic surgery?
Plastic surgeons will be prohibited from performing elective cosmetic surgery procedures on patients who have not undergone a proper physical examination up to 30 days prior to the procedure under a law (AB 2968) that took effect on January 1, 2010.