Do operations or make operations?
Don’t say ‘make an operation’. Say do an operation or perform an operation. … procedure noun [countable] an operation performed in a particular way on a particular part of the body. Procedure is used especially in medical English, for example by doctors and people who work in hospitals.
What is meant by operation and surgery?
Definitions of surgical operation. a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body. synonyms: operation, surgery, surgical procedure, surgical process.
What is an operation in medical terms?
[op″er-a´shun] 1. any action performed with instruments or by the hands of a surgeon; see also method, procedure, surgery, and technique.
What is the difference between operation and process?
– Bottom line: A process is a component of actions for a defined activity whilst operations is a multitude of processes and controls to ensure the delivery of something.
What is the eye surgery called?
Eye specialists have made incredible advancements in vision correction surgery, also known as refractive and laser eye surgery, in recent years. There are many types of vision correction surgeries. Most procedures work to reshape the cornea so that light passing through it can focus on the retina.
What does having an operation mean?
When a patient has an operation, a surgeon cuts open their body in order to remove, replace, or repair a diseased or damaged part. COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers.
How do you use operation in a sentence?
Operation sentence example
- The figures ran through our operation like a train past a no-stop station. …
- Now I’m able to adjust my method of operation accordingly. …
- This might be the adoption of commercial standards as well as the creation and operation of a civil court system and laws.
How do you use surgery in a sentence?
He’s a specialist in brain surgery. The doctor has recommended surgery. He has recently undergone surgery on his shoulder. a doctor who has performed many surgeries The patient was taken directly to surgery.
What’s another word for surgery?
synonyms for surgery
What does surgery mean in British English?
surgery in British English
1. the branch of medicine concerned with treating disease, injuries, etc, by means of manual or operative procedures, esp by incision into the body. 2. the performance of such procedures by a surgeon.