What are the types of general surgery?
General surgeons may sub-specialize into one or more of the following disciplines:
- Trauma surgery.
- Laparoscopic surgery.
- Colorectal surgery.
- Breast surgery.
- Vascular surgery.
- Endocrine surgery.
- Transplant surgery.
- Surgical oncology.
What is the longest surgery?
The Four-Day Operation.
8, 1951, Gertrude Levandowski of Burnips, Mich., underwent a 96-hour procedure at a Chicago hospital to remove a giant ovarian cyst. It is believed to be the world’s longest surgery. Levandowski weighed 616 pounds before the surgery and had a girth of 9 feet.
What kind of surgery takes 12 hours?
This is known as a long format surgery, which may take anywhere from 6-12 hours in duration. Most often we recommend long format plastic surgeries for either Pan Facial Rejuvenation, Facial Masculinization, or Facial Feminization.
What is the cheapest surgery?
Among the least expensive surgical procedures are:
- Breast augmentation (313,735 procedures): National average surgeon fee of $3,824.
- Liposuction (258,558 procedures): National average surgeon fee of $3,518.
- Eyelid surgery (206,529 procedures): National average surgeon fee of $3,156.
Whats the most expensive surgery?
International Health Insurance: The 10 Most Expensive Medical Procedures
- Bone marrow transplant. …
- Lung transplant. …
- Liver transplant. …
- Open heart surgery. Cost: USD 324,000. …
- Pancreatic transplant. Cost: USD 275,500. …
- Kidney transplantation. Cost: USD 259,000. …
- Tracheotomy. Cost: USD 205,000. …
- Surgery of retinal lesions. Cost: USD 153,000.
What is major surgery?
Major surgery is any invasive operative procedure in which a more extensive resection is performed, e.g. a body cavity is entered, organs are removed, or normal anatomy is altered. In general, if a mesenchymal barrier is opened (pleural cavity, peritoneum, meninges), the surgery is considered major.
Which surgeon makes the most money?
Highest paying medical specialties in 2019