Awards and Other Recognition
- Gerty T. Cori Predoctoral Fellowship and Prize, Washington University, Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences and Sigma Chemical Company, 1985.
- Regents Award from the National Library of Medicine for "Scholarly and Technical Contributions to the Construction of the Human Transcript Map." October 24, 1996.
- NIH Director's Award for contributions to the "NCI Tumor Gene Index Project." June 25, 1998. (Harold Varmus was Director at the time.)
- One of the Inaugural "All-Stars" (in the fields of Bioinformatics and Gene Expression), elected by the readers of Genome Technology magazine, July 2001.
- Fellow of the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA). Elected October 1, 2001.
- Member of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the
U.S. National Academies. Elected October 1, 2001.
- "Pioneer of Proteomics" U.S. National Cancer Institute. August 2006.
- "Visionary and Influencer" The Personalized Medicine Coalition. August 2006.
- Novartis VIVA (Vision, Innovation, Value, Achievement) Award; Team
Innovation Award; Global Information Technology Innovation Award, 2006
- Fellow of the
College of American Pathologists, 2010.